April 30, 2014

ARTIST: CHAD WYS












I first discovered the artist Chad Wys on one of my favorite blogs The Neo-Traditionalist about a year ago and became instantly enamored with his work.  I am a huge fan of mixed media and collage, and clearly he has an amazing talent for both.  The juxtaposition of classic and contemporary makes each piece feel so unique in its own way.  

Wys states that deconstruction is a significant part of his thought process, and enjoys taking contemporary ideas into the past and considering historical cultures, art and artists in new ways.  "A major strand throughout much of my artwork is the notion of object: object ownership, objectification of history, objectification of people, objectification of artwork and its many mediums... My artwork is also, at its core, an experimentation in composition, color and form." Choosing which composition to own however, proves a little more tricky.






No comments:

Post a Comment