January 22, 2015

LONG LIVE MCQUEEN
















I would say this post could have been composed at any point over the past five years.  Sarah Burton's creative direction for Alexander McQueen has been no less than extraordinary.  But for some reason this particular collection really caught my eye.  It could be the reference to Julie Christie in Far from the Madding Crowd or the photography of Julia Margaret Cameron that made it so appealing, both would create a beautiful collection on their own.

To me, this collection was all about the details.  The lace trim, inspired by Victorian swatchbooks, was seen throughout and plays very nicely with the rich colors and velvet detail.  Burton stated she was channeling "a very English beauty," and wanted "a portrait-y feel with links to the men's wear and its military details."  The leather jackets, beautiful knits and leather corset belts are what I personally can't take my eyes off of.







No comments:

Post a Comment