September 10, 2014

SUDDENLY, THIS SUMMER





Tybee Island Social Club 
Tybee Island, Georgia





Tybee Island Beach 




Kara Walker's "A Subtlety" at the Domino Sugar Factory
Brooklyn, NY




Long Beach, New York (and a surprise visit from my mom!)




Central Park Conservatory Garden 




Charles James exhibit at The Met





A pit-stop at Bar Sardine (favorite neighborhood spot)




Kelsey Montague mural on Kenmare Street




A Sunday in Washington Square Park




Movie night in Bryant Park




The lovely wedding of my cousin in Cincinnati (with a fireworks display!)




A stroll through the fields at home in Kentucky 




The incredible pianist in Washington Square Park 




I may have taken an unexpected summer vacation from this blog, but I certainly didn't take a break from summer itself.  
I had a never ending list of things to do and see and I still didn't get through everything, but that's typically how those three months go.  

I was lucky enough to escape to Savannah and Tybee Island, Georgia which was such an amazing trip.  It feels like summer ended as quickly as it began.  July was dedicated to moving apartments (yet again), so August was all about settling in the new place and new neighborhood, which so far I'm loving.  Here's a just a small glimpse of some of the highlights, summer in the city is truly like nothing else.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment